Indian food is a popular cuisine worldwide, but it has its roots in India. There are many different types of Indian food, and each region has its own specialties. Some of the most popular Indian dishes include tandoori chicken, lamb curry, and pulao. There are many different recipes for Indian food, and each person’s taste is unique. If you’re new to Indian food or want to try something different, these recipes are a good place to start.
If you’re anything like most people, you’ve had that craving for your favorite Indian food at some point in your life. Whether it’s curry, tikka masala, paneer, samosas, or tandoori naan, there’s just something about these dishes that’s hard to resist. Thankfully, there are plenty of recipes for Indian food available online or in print books. In this article, we’ll provide a few of our favorites.
Looking for a recipe that showcases the delicious flavors of Indian cuisine? Look no further than these 10 recipes! Whether you’re in the mood for something sweet like ice cream or a mango lassi, or savory like chicken tikka masala or paneer cheese masala, these recipes are sure to please. And if you’re feeling extra adventurous, try out one of our hearty vegetarian meals like dal makhani or biryani. So why wait? Get cooking and enjoy some of India’s best food today!
Indian Spiced Veggie Burgers are Surprisingly Delicious (Best Recipes for indian food)
Looking for a unique way to spice up your dinner tonight? Try out these Indian Spiced Veggie Burgers. These delicious burgers are made with spices and flavors that will take your taste buds on a journey to India. They are perfect for any night of the week and are sure to be a hit with your family and friends.
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 2 medium potatoes, boiled + smashed
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 8 oz white mushrooms, finely diced
- 1-inch ginger, chopped
- 1 serrano chili, diced (optional)
- 1/2 cup baby spinach, chopped
- 4 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 4 tsp cornstarch
- 4 tsp Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- salt to taste + freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- salt to taste + freshly ground black pepper
The Most Delicious Way to Enjoy Naan Bread Allergy Free
In a world where fast food is king, it’s nice to know that there are still ways to get a great meal without leaving the house. One way to do this is by incorporating some Indian ingredients into your meals. Instant No Yeast Naan is a perfect example of this. This improvised meal shows how incorporating a few Indian ingredients into your meals can make them a little more exciting.
Instant No Yeast Naan is made with just three main ingredients: flour, water, and yeast. These ingredients are combined in a bowl and allowed to ferment for about an hour before being baked on an oven stone or griddle. The result is a crispy, buttery naan that’s perfect for any meal.
Adding Indian spices to your meals can add both flavor and texture.
- ¼ cup (60 grams) plain unsweetened yogurt
- 1 tablespoon (8 grams) baking powder
- 1½ cups (355 milliliters) lukewarm water, divided, plus more as needed
- 2 cups (240 grams) of whole wheat flour
- 2 cups (240 grams) of all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- ⅓ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nigella seeds (optional)
- 4 cloves garlic, very finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) of unsalted butter
Healthy and Delicious Butter Chicken Curry Made With Veggies!
This yogurt-based butter chicken curry includes coconut cream in addition to yogurt, creating its delectable sauce. It has extra veggies for extra nutrients and fiber.
- 1 small head of cauliflower or half a medium head, florets removed & cut into bite-size
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- Olive oil, just a few light splashes
- 1 onion or 2 shallots finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp finely grated ginger
- 2 Tbs butter chicken curry spice blend (I used Cape Herb & Spices)
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp coriander
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tins of chopped peeled tomatoes
- a large handful of green beans (about 150gms), stalks cut off and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 skinless, boneless free-range chicken breasts (about 600gms), cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup full-fat yogurt (or fat-free or Greek) plus extra to serve
- 200gms baby spinach leaves
- A squeeze of lemon juice (optional)
- a handful of roughly chopped coriander/cilantro
Vegan cheesy bread with chickpea curry dip is the perfect supper idea!
Looking for an easy, comforting dish to warm you up on a cold day? Try these cheesy bread pockets made with chickpea currya dip. The combination of the warm bread and spicy curry is perfect for a winter warmer!
- 1 cup plus 1 teaspoon whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup cashew yogurt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- about 1/2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored coconut oil
This Instant Pot Butter Chicken is so delicious, that it’ll make your taste buds dance!
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious instant pot meal, try this butter chicken recipe. It’s perfect when you want a low-effort, high-reward meal. The key to making this dish taste great is to use quality ingredients. In this recipe, we use boneless, skinless chicken breasts that are cooked in a curry sauce made with curry powder, fresh ginger, and garlic. You can also add in some shredded lettuce or diced tomatoes if you’d like. And finally, we serve the dish over fluffy rice. This butter chicken recipe is easy to make and will quickly become a favorite in your household.
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, halved and patted dry
- 1 cup canned tomato puree
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Kashmiri red chili powder or another mild red chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 cup canned coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried fenugreek leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
The Delicious and Healthy Way to Enjoy Your Favorite Carrot Chickpea Curry Recipe!
Vegetarian curries are always a popular option, and this vegan chickpea curry is no exception. Made with carrots and chickpeas, this dish gives you the sweetness of carrots as well as the earthiness of chickpeas. The spices used in this recipe give it a complex flavor that is sure to please. Serve this curry over fluffy basmati rice for a delicious and healthy meal.
- 300 g (10.5 oz) Carrots
- 250 g (8.75 oz) Cooked Chickpeas
- 200 g (7 oz) Tinned Tomatoes
- 75 g (2.75 oz) Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 30 g (1oz) Ginger
- 165 g (5.75 oz) Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp Cooking Oil
- 1 Tsp Kashmiri Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 Tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/8 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- Salt to Taste
So easy and so satisfying- Slow Cooker Sweet Potato
This Indian food recipe can act as a guide to help you stir up a cozy meal in your slow cooker when using everything you have in the fridge. Add your preferred choice of potato, chicken, pork, lamb, and some greens to your slow cooker in addition to your other meal ingredients, then serve with grains or a flatbread after the dish is finished cooking.
- 2 tsp. Organic Valley Ghee
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1½ lbs. uncooked chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium-large sweet potato, cubed
- 1 red pepper, sliced or diced
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup organic low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. Simply Organic curry powder
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic ground turmeric
- Pinch of Simply Organic cayenne (optional)
- ½ tsp. salt, more to taste
- 1 (14 oz-can) full-fat coconut milk
- Cashews, cilantro & cauliflower rice for serving
A delicious and nutritious vegan soup that is Inspired by Indian Curry!
This Vegan Curried Carrot Soup is the perfect way to use up that bunch of carrots that have been languishing in your fridge. The soup is creamy and fragrant with curry powder and coconut milk, and it is one of the tastiest ways to enjoy carrots. The soup is easy to prepare and will quickly become a favorite recipe in your repertoire.
- Onions and celery
- Olive oil
- Curry powder
- Canned coconut milk
- Rice milk
- Fresh ginger root
In conclusion, if you’re looking to impress your guests with a delicious and elegant Indian meal, check out these recipes! Whether you’re cooking for a family gathering or hosting a special event, these dishes will leave everyone wanting more. So get ready to enjoy some truly memorable food!